What Happens During the Bankruptcy Process?
There are several key steps that you will need to take to successfully complete the bankruptcy process. These steps include:
- Step I – The first step is to reach out to a bankruptcy attorney like those at the Oswalt Law Group in Phoenix. An attorney can help you determine if bankruptcy is the best choice for your specific situation.
- Step II – This step involves actually filing for bankruptcy. You will need to file an accurate bankruptcy petition, schedules, and a Means Test. The team at the Oswalt Law Group can help you with filing for bankruptcy to ensure you do not run into any serious legal bankruptcy issues. We will help you prepare your bankruptcy case with complete accuracy to avoid legal pitfalls.
- Step III – Your bankruptcy attorney will represent you at any initial hearing and subsequent hearings on your case.
- Step IV – During the First Meeting of Creditors, you may be asked a series of questions. Your attorney will be present at this meeting.
- Step V – This step includes the actual discharging of debt. This typically takes 60 to 90 days after the creditor meeting. If you file for Chapter 7 bankruptcy your debt will then be discharged and your case closed. If you file Chapter 13, you will need to get your repayment plan approved.
The bankruptcy process can be confusing to someone who is already overwhelmed with debt and creditor harassment. However, this process is designed to help those who are overwhelmed with debt seek and find relief. This is a process that could help you achieve a debt-free financial life.
How Will My Attorney Help Me During Bankruptcy?
While the bankruptcy process may seem complicated and overwhelming, a bankruptcy attorney can see that you take the right and necessary steps to build a debt-free future. The team at the Oswalt Law Group in Phoenix has the experience you need to successfully navigate the complex bankruptcy process. We will help you choose and file for the right type of bankruptcy as well as ensure that creditors stop harassing you. If you are concerned about your debt, be sure to contact the Phoenix bankruptcy lawyers at the Oswalt Law Group for more information about the bankruptcy process. We can discuss your personal financial situation and offer sound legal advice on the best steps for building a debt-free future.